Saturday, October 26, 2013

Geimatsu Legend 10/26/13 -- Well that ended abruptly

Programming

After failing to find anyway to actually run the JS adventure, I determined that ultimately it was useless and that right after I finish Javascript I'd go straight to an actually useful language like Java. So what were we doing again? Oh, right. Loops.

For the most part, For Loops look like they have a very basic layout, which already makes them ten times easier than functions.

Also, today marks the day I was permanently banned from nl_kripp for cheating and exploiting. It was a good run RIP :,,,,,,(

Art
As I went to go search for tutorials, I realized that I had no fucking idea what to search to make "good" art. Game art tutorials? Digital art tutorials? BASIC art tutorials?

I decided to try my luck with just digital art tutorials at first. I ended up with...

...a bunch of graphic design stuff.

Okay, I know how to do graphic design. That's not my problem. I've trolled hundreds of people by faking pages and articles etc.

Then I realized art cannot be taught. It must be LEARNT.

And learn it I shall.

Today's image:
Don't ask why it's a fucking cat.
This time I tried starting with a rough sketch and replaced it with lines. It's fairly okay besides the fact that the god damn ends aren't round, but I'm pretty sure that much can be fixed.

Game Design
My project has commenced! It's looking up to be pretty good so far. Also, as I mentioned about doing a shitty-game engine game next, I'm convinced that game engine might be Stencyl. It's an extremely basic flash game maker that utilizes Scratch's coding style, so it's perfect for a coding peasant like me. I'll likely start a project in it once I get better with drawing basic things...

Music
When it comes to the music section, we have a few problems.

Synthesia is just for learning the piano for the most part, which honestly could get me the ladies but in the end I really don't care too much about it since its not related to the vidya and this IS related to the vidya. Also I ragequit with Mario Paint, so there's that too.

So I decided the next best thing to do is find something like FL studio. FL studio is for music, right? It's basically what Han Zimmer uses, right?

Anyway, searching for "free software like FL studio" led me to this:
Well, that was quick.
In case the image isn't readable, basicly the entire front page mentions something called LMMS, a "free beat-making software" according to the first result. The second result was the actual download.

For now I've just downloaded it, next time I'll probably get the actual thing done.

Also, things have managed to get really awkward since I'm still managing the 4-person "other" studio. I haven't been doing anything since the one incident that caused this, mostly because I've been focusing on this more. However I still need it to exist, just in case. It's like putting as many lottery tickets in as possible, you feel me?

---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Number one rule: Don't be a dick.