Sunday, October 20, 2013

Geimastu Legend -- The Beginning of a Great Journey

"Can a single man develop a game all by himself?"




It is a question I have asked myself many a night. And by that, I mean this night whilst I was probably wanking off in the shower.

I have tried for what seems like a thousand times to make a little mini game studio of my own, but no matter how hard I try people get pissy and leave. What, they want rights? Bah! Let them eat cake, I say!

Then it hit me. If no one else has the same dream that I have, why don't I just do it myself and not get other people to do the work for me?

Sure, it would be hard. Hard as in probably the "DANTE MUST DIE" mode of life. But why would we do that in video games? To be challenged? So why don't we just challenge ourselves in real life?

Well, this is a challenge I will gladly accept. And there is no challenge I do not complete.

The goal of this mission is to make my own game where almost all aspects of it are made by me. In order to complete this, I will have to learn the following arts:

THE ART OF PROGRAMMISTU
Ah, yes. The simple foundation of all vidya -- the code. It is the most diverse and likely most frustrating of all of these tasks, but thankfully just like real life, once you learn one programming language it's pretty easy to learn the rest.

Fortunately, I already have HTML, CSS, and JQuery under my belt. Unfortunately, all of those languages can't make games for shit, or make really shitty games. My final goal in this art is to learn and master C++ and Java, though I intend to learn many others on the way.

THE ART OF ARTSU

Probably the most difficult art for me personally, I will sadly need to learn how to actually make digital art and 3D modeling. The question is, will I be able to? The answer is, probably not.

The goal for this art is to make art that isn't crap. It will take a very, VERY long time.

THE ART OF GAME DESIGNITO

Well... actually... this is the only one I actually know. So while I may prosper in this art, I will still need to practice to become a true Game Designito master!

THE ART OF MUSGHATI

Alright, I'm going to say it here and I'm going to say it now -- I am completely incompetent when it comes to music. Like, more so than art. And my art looks worse than Ringo Starr's fucking web art. So yeah, I'm fucked.

Thankfully though I know people a many who are actually good at making music, so perhaps I'll just make them do it for me. Maybe.


So here it goes, folks. The start of a real, living legend.


GEIMASTU LEGEND!

BEGINS MONDAY, TOMORROW, 2013

 

---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Number one rule: Don't be a dick.