Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Geimatsu Legend 10/22/13 -- The Second Day

The adventure continues.

Podcast of the day

Programming

The functions may be over, but as they've always said: the javascript ride never ends.

Jesus bloody christ.
The good news is that I do know functions now, though I still have no idea what the fuck the return part does. I'm also still debating on what to continue with -- Java (which, by the by, is not related to JS -- I just have some experience in it) or continue along the Codecademy track to like PHP or something, which if I remember correctly has bloody-all to do with games.

Art

After watching a few speed-art videos for League of Legends characters, I noticed that a common trend was zooming in to pixel form in order to draw, as well as creating a "rough draft" the layer beforehand. Equipping this knowledge, I made this piece of armour in full on tryhard mode.

And it's STILL better than normal.
This time I focused mostly on multi-layering and zooming in/panning, which felt a lot better than the first time. This one actually looked pretty damn good at first, but after I realized I had no idea what the fuck I was doing things quickly fell apart.

Game Design

Mostly my writing has been being focused on the "secret project" I told you about in the beginning of this blog (Oops, spoilers). Because of the recent tragedies with the game studio I used to have, I haven't been able to write for it for awhile so I'm planning on getting a shit-ton done this Saturday to make up for the lost time last Saturday and next Saturday (Extra-life!). I've also been thinking of using Sketch or whatever the fuck its called and some other babby game engines to try and improve my skills there, but that would likely help all of them, not just game design. So, for now, we continue to wait.

Music 

After my epiphany last time of realizing I was the new Beethoven, I continued on my progress for the song I was making last time.


Looking back at the last song FUCK I FORGOT TO SAVE IT

Wait,

Nope, yep. It didn't save. Well forget what I was saying and fuck that junk, looks like we're going to go straight to virtual piano next time.


So, will I re-realize the fact that I am a musical genius by teaching myself to play piano and that me closing out was true divine intervention, or will I end up making a cacophony of ear-shriekingly bad music? (game design)

Find out tomorrow on

GEIMATSU LEGEND

---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Number one rule: Don't be a dick.