Thursday, September 5, 2013

Yui810 2007-2013: The End of a Journey (Part 2)

"Yui810" was the account in which, you could say, for the first time I really got into the game. Previously, I logged in once and a while and got on a building game, then built till some asshole deleted my stuff. This time, I actually attempted to be part of this "community" of ROBLOX.

I began to socialize more in games, communicating with people in chat. Though my mother warned me of "the horrors of internet communication!" I figured, even though I was still a wee lad, I knew what I was doing (which, as it turns out, I did) and did it anyway. This was also the time I began to forum, mostly going on roleplays (I still had the imagination of a child, but still wanted things to go my way. This resulted in many a ban from roleplays, or me just ragequitting) and going on OT/SF, which at this time (Off Topic) was much more friendlier than it was now, and at this time I actually still enjoyed sports (Sports Forum). This trend continued until what is known as the UCW '09 (United Clan War '09), a war known by many names yet was still the greatest internet conflict and event I had ever participated in.

For those who joined later on after this war, it literally changed everything. In its wake, the creation of some of the greatest war-clan powerhouses (UCR, RAT, and FEAR) happened to be made this time, also the group feature (to this day members are still unsure if this was created due to the admins believing that clans were finally extremely popular, or to keep away from group confusion).

Anyway, the war went like this: The two greatest clans at the time, X-101st (which was the first group closing in to hitting 10k members) and REF (which, for the most part had the most "political" power on ROBLOX, being the main leader of the Roblox Coalition lead by NearmissTFW who, for the most part, was a secret REF benefactor.) This wasn't just any normal, "huehue clan war" though, this was as serious as two groups of 5-10 year olds could possibly get. Imagine: The front page of every sub-forum had something to say about the war. Every place you went to, even if it was an obby that had nothing to do with clan wars, had some clan members fighting over what was happening -- sometimes even blocking things for people who weren't in "their group".

Now, that's just the stuff that didn't involve clan wars: actual forts were filled to the brim with people. Tons of men would get on top the walls of the fort with carbines and shotguns until someone finally broke through -- killing the defenders and letting the attackers through. This continued until finally the server emptied. This was war.

Now, at the time, I was the "self-proclaimed" fourth-in-command of REF. I say "self-proclaimed" because in reality I probably wasn't, but that doesn't matter now since history belongs to the most-annoying and repetitive and most people who matter believe that I was (take in mind that, like I said, this was before the group feature). I also owned a group name the 24th legion, which had about 3 or 4 members, but like I said about history, that group is considered to be one of the main groups in the war.

Anyway, after that war (the REF-R.C ended up winning) I continued to C&G for awhile, until I moved back to OT due to "lack of action". A few months past by (more than a year in total) until the "moderation news" forum was somehow leaked on OT. This was before they had the intelligence to hide forums apparently, so everyone started posting on this particular forum. For the lels, I decided to post once -- and, long story short, I ended up getting perma'd for little to no reason.


This lead to more childlike depression, until finally I manned the fuck up and ended in probably the greatest of all my accounts and where the legacy really began (and ended): yui810ghostofotpast.

---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Number one rule: Don't be a dick.