Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yui810 2007-2013: The End of a Journey (Part 1)

Recently, I finally ended a long, 6 year legacy that was my Roblox account for more focus. The game might be shit now, but I would be lying if I said that I did not learn or gain anything from my experience on that site.

It started in July 2007. The exact day of which, I am not sure -- as the account has long since been banned. The name? monutdonut. Why? I was a fucking retarded child, I don't know why.

As the story goes, I was looking for a free-to-play MMO game to play, since my favorite at that time, Runescape, turned to shit with its member BS and I wanted to play a game that actually allowed you to do most of the features. About 50 Google pages and probably hundreds of viruses later, I happened to find "ROBLOX".

Now at this time, ROBLOX barely had any members compared to its three million or so today, so the community was small and games normally only had a few people on them at a time (the biggest games normally only had 300 online at one time compared to its 2k or so later). The only form of customization was t-shirts, but hats were hinted at beyond infinity and so were eventually implemented. I'd say my first game was probably Crossroads, which compared to what it is now was majorly different.

For the most part, the games were separated into three categories:  ROBLOX games (such as Martian Invasion, Santa's Stronghold, Crossroads), RPGs (very early in design, I want to say the first popular one was "Legends" RPG, known for its absolutely ridiculous VIP), and Building games, obviously the most popular as the entire site was designed around just that -- building.

The best ones were, in my opinion, Space Explorers and the Island Roleplay. There were many others that were good, but were later changed, deleted, or just didn't make it anywhere. It was at one of these places though, where monutdonut ended.

At this point I have been playing the game for more than a year (August 2008 iirc), and I was at one of my favorite building games. The biggest menace in ROBLOX at the time were "deleters", and thankfully none had come into the server yet. I should've known my luck would change.

Out of no where, my beautiful house I had spent 2+ hours on started disappearing. In a flurry of child rage, I started spamming all of the cuss words I knew into chat, and eventually found myself disconnected.

I went to the homepage to find my account had been banned for excessive profanity.

I had strikes before from similar things, yet the feeling of being banned permanently from my favorite game was too much for me to handle. I whined, complained on the forums, and eventually cried myself to sleep like the faggot I was.

However, this was just the beginning, for the next morning I made an account under the name "yui810", and that's when things really got underway.

---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Number one rule: Don't be a dick.