Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Warlords of Draenor -- The New WoW Expansion

Sorry for the late post, still trying to get my schedule fixed up. New Geimatsu will probably be up tomorrow though!

Despite the hype for the PS4 release coming very soon now, I didn't preorder a PS4 for the fact that none of the games interest me (honestly none of the next-gen exclusives do yet), so instead I'll be covering something I found to be buried in other news -- the new WoW expansion!


Ah, yes. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (better known as the "we're going full Jagex" expansion) is the latest expansion pack for... well, world of warcraft.

The expansion has some clear emphasis on time travel (which by the way was already a thing). Why time travel? Well some could argue that Metzen is trying to add more complicated stuff to the lore to keep the game afloat, but let's face it -- not even Metzen cares anymore. This is literally just a Blizzard run TBC private server.

But wait! Look at these exciting new textures for characters!

20 more polygons! It's like a whole new game!

And look! You can level a character up to the highest level in the game so you can experience endgame free of charge! Certainly no one has done that before, right?

Really? I did a fucking POST about this, Blizzard.
And look! Strategy in a MMO: Garrisons! No one has ever thought of this before, right?


Actually, yes. I have.


On March 13th (of this year) I sent my friend an email detailing the elements created to make the ultimate MMO. I'll post the full list later, but for now, all you need to see is this.

...uh, wait, it's here somewhere...

...

Really self? I didn't write down one of the main ideas about the MMO in general? But I thought of it, I swear to... ARGH, YOU WIN THIS TIME CHRIS METZEN

Soon.

Oh well, I'll get the ideas listed tomorrow (along with my original strategy idea). Wait, what was that? I was talking about World of Warcraft? Eh, who cares... dammit Metzen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Number one rule: Don't be a dick.