Tuesday, June 16, 2015

E3: Predictions Review

So before I start, I want to point out I did a round-up for Bethesda and no one else. I was going to do this for all the conferences until I realized there's a bunch and it would take me a super long time to do something that all the other bigger guys have done already. So instead I'm going to make this (reviewing my predictions) and then when the PC Gaming Show is done, I'll start working on an overview of "grading" each of the conferences and giving my review of each. Anyway, let's get to it.

ORIGINAL LINK TO PREDICTIONS

I'll be going ahead and giving myself a point for each thing I get right, and 1/2 a point for everything I kind of got right but not really. Hey, it's my show!

I guess this can be a start of a game where I can compare my points in predictions each year and try to get better everytime as well.

BETHESDA CONFERENCE -
- Doom Gameplay (+1)
- Fallout 4 Gameplay (+1)
- Likely an announcement from one of the other studios. I'm looking mostly at Arkane, seeing that Tango and Machine released games just last year. Perhaps it will be a new Dishonored? Or a new IP altogether? (It was Dishonored 2! +1)
- Apparently there's also a Bethesda studio called "Battlecry Studios" which is making a game called Battlecry. I have no idea what that is, but perhaps that question will be answered in their press conference? (It was indeed answered: a kind of bad looking medieval TF2. +1)

MICROSOFT CONFERENCE-
Okay, I genuinely have no idea, speaking that most of their big title reveals have been pushed back to Gamescom. I have no idea whether this is because they want a strong Gamescom showing or they have a bomb to drop at E3, but I'm just going to go ahead and assume the bomb since E3 is a massive deal compared to Gamescom. I also don't know specifically the games they moved back, so forgive me if I mention a game that was already confirmed to not show up.
- Halo 5 Gameplay and Release Date (has a date been confirmed yet?) (As it turns out, the release date was confirmed a few months ago, so I'm going to go ahead and give me full points on this. +1)
- Quantum Break Gameplay and Release Date (WRONG! Quantum Break was one of the games moved back to Gamescom)
- Banjo Threeie (WRONG! Though Rare was at the conference, showcasing their new IP Sea of Thieves as well as the Rare Replay collection)
- Crackdown Gameplay (WRONG! Once again, Crackdown was one of the games moved to Gamescom)
- Forza Gameplay and Release Date (once again, date?) (Correct on both, but I'll just give myself +1 since I combined the two)
- Fable 4 (remember, a man can dream) (WRONG! Just Fable Journeys. God dammit.)
- New IP (From whom I'm not quite sure, but it's apparent that, unlike previous Xbox CEOs, Phil Spencer knows there needs to be more exclusives on the Xbone.) (This game was Recore, from Inafune (Megaman) as well as the creators of Metroid Prime. +1)
-Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay and Release Date (hopefully a name change too) (Gameplay, but unfortunately no release date nor name change. +1/2)

EA CONFERENCE-
Not really expecting anything special here. Same shit as always -- emphasis on the word "shit".
- Star Wars Battlefront Gameplay and Release Date (date?) (Date was confirmed earlier, but gameplay was there. +1)
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Gameplay (+1)
- New Battlefield Gameplay and Release Date (WRONG! Looks like Battlefront will be the Battlefield for this year.)
- SPORTS (+1, though I honestly don't think a single "SPORTS" was enough for just how much they had.)
- Mass Effect 4 Gameplay (WRONG! No gameplay, just a cinematic trailer.)
- Burnout: Not Burnout Edition Gameplay (WRONG! Though they did show Need for Speed, it wasn't the Criterion game.)

UBISOFT CONFERENCE-
- Cringy Aisha Tyler (+1)
- Some dumb danceparty (Starring Jason Derulo! +1)
- Far Cry 5 Gameplay and release date (though it hasn't been leaked yet, so maybe there is none?) (There was indeed no new Far Cry, however I did predict it, so no points here.)
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gameplay and Release Date (+1)
- New UbiArt game (Don't think I saw anything on this.)
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay and Release Date (The Release Date was announced earlier, but the gameplay was there. +1)
- "Special Surprise" at the end (My Street Fighter V senses are tingling, and they're saying it's a new Splinter Cell) (Nope! It was Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Though the bulk of the prediction was the surprise, so I'll give myself full points. +1)

SONY CONFERENCE-
- The Last Guardian (I said it once, I'll say it again ... I don't even like this game ...) (Now I like how it looks, though! +1)
- Persona 5 Gameplay and maybe release date (date?) (WRONG! Looks like so far the only Persona-related thing Atlus came to show was the same trailer that was released a few months ago with a few words translated.)
- MGS5 6-minute trailer (unless those rumors about it being at Keighley's show are actually real) (WRONG! It was at Keighley's show.)
- Uncharted 4 Gameplay and Release Date (No specific release date, but there was gameplay. +1/2
- Dark Souls III Gameplay (WRONG! All we got was a cinematic trailer shown at the Microsoft conference.)
- Bloodborne DLC Gameplay and Release Date (WRONG!)
- Horizon (Guerrilla Game's new game) (Full name Horizon: Zero Dawn. +1)
- Street Fighter V Gameplay and Release Date (Once again, no specific release date, but gameplay was shown. +1/2)
- No Man's Sky Gameplay and Release Date (date?) (No release date, but gameplay. +1/2)

Suprisingly, I failed to predict both the Shenmue III and FF7 Remake announcements. My spider senses failed me on that one.

NINTENDO CONFERENCE- (this is where I go bold)
- Ryu and Roy for Smash Bros (leaked earlier today, guess it all depends if the leak is real?) (Leak is real, but the announcement was on the morning of the Nintendo World Championship.)
- New Metroid for the Wii-U by Retro Studios (WRONG!)
- New Metroid for New 3DS by Nintendo (...Correct? Kind of? The games were Metroid Federation Force + Blast Ball, but they do not look like they will be N3DS exclusives and I don't think they were developed by Nintendo.)
- Yookah-Laylee Gameplay (WRONG!)
- New IP (One from before with an official name) (Nope, no new IPs)
- Fire Emblem If Gameplay and Release Date (date?) (No release date, but I believe gameplay was shown? +1/2)
- SMT vs Fire Emblem Gameplay and Release Date (date?) (STILL no gameplay, just another trailer.)
- Persona 3 & 4 HD for Wii-U (FUCK IT I DON'T CARE) (Wrong, hopefully to no one's surprise.)

Should've put my bold predictions in Sony. Servers me right for thinking the Direct was going to be good two years in a row...

TOTAL POINTS: 19 1/2

---

Twitter: @CodexofAegis
Facebook: facebook.com/CodexofAegis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Number one rule: Don't be a dick.